HTC EVO 3D (CDMA) users can now update their device with the latest Chameleon OS Unofficial Build custom Firmware which is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Chameleon OS is a whole new name in the Custom ROM family. The Chameleon team started working on preparing great customized Android ROM’s for all capable Android devices and here you can download and install the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM for your HTC EVO 3D. Chameleon OS uses the CyanogenMOD source as base and nicely customized to provide better user friendly and comfort means you’ll get all the features of CyanogenMOD with more controls. Along with CyanogenMOD features, the other main feature of Chameleon OS is its theme engine that based on powerful MIUI theme engine. Hence, you can install this latest Chameleon OS Unofficial build on your HTC EVO 3D to enjoy Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with more features and customization. You can check all the customization and features of Chameleon OS later on this tutorial. So, if you like to try out this latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based Chameleon OS Unofficial Build on your HTC EVO 3D then follow below written guide as it is.
Before proceeding further, please note this ROM is a custom firmware and still going through development phase. That’s why, there is always a chance for some bugs and issues inside it. However, we believe all known issues will be fixed as development of this ROM progress.
Chameleon OS Key Features:
- Launcher Features
- stacked, grid, or carousel style for folder icon
- Sort Folder by alphabetically, reverse alphabetically, or by usage
- Icon scaling in app drawer and on homescreen
- Home screen previews, rearrangable homescreens
- Set default screen from previews layout
- Add or remove homescreens from previews layout
- Slide homescreens with a second finger while holding widgets and icons
- Customizable gestures: slide up, slide down, pinch, and spread
- Theme Manager Features
- MIUI’s powerful theme engine based
- Mix and match different themes on the fly
- Theme options: Icons, Status Bar, Boot animation, Font (requires reboot), Messaging, Framework, and Ringtones
- Applies native ctz files, but also will apply MIUI mtz files, not all elements will theme properly with mtz packages
- Animated boot animation preview
- Boot animation resolution scaling
- Status Bar Features
- Customizable toggles, compact or page view (or off)
- Extended volume panel in page view toggles
- Access status or navigation bars while in fullscreen apps by touching the edge of the screen
- Messaging Features
- Reads custom notification tones from Contacts
- Revised layout: Added messaging bubbles, removed avatar icons from conversation and put one in the action bar, quick shortcut for emojis
- Manage installed apps’ permissions
We at Droid Firmwares write tutorial to help out fellow Android users but all this guide are educational purpose only. You should try this guide at your own risk. Neither we nor the developer should be responsible if your Android device experience a damage after following this tutorial. Also remember,this guide is only applicable for HTC EVO 3D. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. It may hard brick your device.
As there is always some risk involve while you install anything other than what you have presently. It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites to stay safe.
- Backup your important data such as SMS, Call Log, Contacts, APN and MMS settings. You can follow our Android backup guide for this. It’s also a good idea to backup your internal memory content to external SD card, specially if you need to perform any wiping task during or after installation process.
- If your device turn off during the installation process unless explicitly mentioned on this tutorial then it may experience a hard brick. That’s why, it’s good idea to check battery percentage before following this tutorial. Usually, the smartphone should have 60% or more power when you flash a custom ROM or firmware. Firmware installation can be done with 25% or more power when the device is connected to computer using USB and get charge through it. It will be fine to have 30% or more if you going to root a firmware. Learn How to Check Battery Percentage in Android smartphones.
- USB Debugging mode should be turned of if it’s disabled otherwise you can’t transfer file using USB cable. Learn: How to Enable/Disable USB Transfer on Android Devices.
- Another thing you should note that nearly all our tutorial at Droid Firmwares is for carrier unlocked and bootloader unlocked devices. You shouldn’t try to install it on a locked device unless explicitly mentioned anywhere in tutorial.
Download HTC EVO 3D Latest USB Drivers
Since you will need to connect your smartphone to your PC, so you will need to have your HTC EVO 3D drivers installed on your computer. Visit our USB Driver Download page. If you can access your mobile content in your PC when both are connected then you already have it.
So, you have done everything that we mentioned above, right! Now, as you have taken necessary precaution, you are ready to move towards next page where we summed up detail instruction on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based Chameleon OS Unofficial Build custom ROM on HTC EVO 3D.
Pages: 1 2