In last page we offer you necessary tips that you better follow before jumping into installation process to safe guard your phone data as well as safely install this custom firmware. Now in this page we will provide a step-by-step instruction for installation of custom ROM CM10.1 Unofficial Build on Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D. If you already have any ROM installation experience then this procedure shouldn’t bother you much. Basically you required to download ROM zip and Google Apps zip first. Then follow our below mentioned guide as it is.
Here is some necessary tips that you should know before jumping in:
- This ROM only flashable on Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D at least according to developer. You shouldn’t flash it in any other Android device.
- Though the ROM installation process often not require any root permission but root is required to enjoy all functionality of custom ROM.
- This custom ROM can’t be flash using stock recovery, you must have a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM recovery installed for this. We used CWM recovery in our installation tutorial.
- You should always perform a Nandroid backup before flashing any ROM. This will help you to restore everything if this ROM doesn’t satisfy you.
- After flashing this ROM your device may stuck on Boot (in a logo) or may face a boot loop. In such scenario perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache 5 more times before rebooting.
- It’s always recommended to give the ROM 5-10 min after it boot first time to settle everything for you for a better using experience.
- If you faced a Status 7 error then the two possible reason for this are – you flash it on wrong device or you may require to install a related kernel (i.e. Jelly Bean ROM may require a Jelly Bean kernel first) before installing the ROM.
Installation Instruction of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Based CM10.1 Unofficial Build ROM on Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D
Step 1: First of all download CM10.1 Unofficial Build ROM for Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D [Filename: cm-10.1-20130505-Unofficial-apexqtmo.zip] and Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip]
Step 2: Now, connect your Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D to PC using USB cable and then mount your storage first.
Step 3: Once you manage access your phone’s SD card content from your computer, copy downloaded zip files to the SD card of your phone. Important: Don’t extract any file.
Step 4: Once you finish file transfer procedure, disconnect USB and then turn off your phone.
Step 5: Boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and the Power button, continue to hold all three until the screen flashes, then release all buttons. [in recovery mode use volume buttons to scroll between recovery options and Power button to select as option]. You can also try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
Step 6: As mentioned before, it’s important to perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back. To perform a Nandroid backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup process done.
Step 7: It’s time to perform some wiping task to eliminate clash between new ROM and previous ROM. To do so, first select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wiping process done. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping cache partition process completed, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping. When all done, it’s safe to move into next step.
Step 8: Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the cm-10.1-20130323-UNOFFICIAL-s6500d.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 3 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation on next screen and soon the ROM installation procedure start.
Step 9: Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 8 but choose gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
Step 10: When all done, you should go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone. The phone will then boot into this new ROM, however you should note the first boot usually take time which is about 5 minutes (max 15 min or else it means stuck on boot screen).
Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom firmware CM10.1 Unofficial Build should now powering your Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D. Go to Settings –> About phone to verify this update. Share your update experience with us below in comment.
Pages: 1 2