AT&T users of Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 can now update their device with the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. However, not from official firmware by the manufacturer but through an after market custom firmware by one of the popular Custom ROM maker SlimBean. Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware update for Galaxy S3 I747 is not yet announce but you can enjoy the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your device through custom ROM like Slim Bean. SlimBean ROM’’s are very lightweight, fast and smooth and installation is very simple just like other custom firmware. Team SlimBean recently released the Slim Bean Build 6 which is based on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and is all set for Galaxy S3 I747. The latest build is well optimized and bug fixes than previous build and introduce many new and exiting features. You can check complete features and changes of Slim Bean Build 6 later on this tutorial. So, If you willing to try out fast and compressed custom ROM Slim Bean 4.2.2 Build 6 on your Galaxy S3 I747 then read through this page to know the step-by-step procedure.
Before proceeding further, please note this ROM is a custom firmware and still going through development phase. That’s why, there is always a chance for some bugs and issues inside it. However, we believe all known issues will be fixed as development of this ROM progress.
Slim Bean Build 6 Key Features and Changes:
- Add DC-HSPA+ to framework
- Fixed GlowPad layout on Larger devices
- Massive improvements to T9 dialer
- TRDS 2.0 [Updated Packages + Gapps]
- Added Power Dis/Connect Notification sound options
- Added TruView [Camera]
- Massive updates to DashClock [Beta2]
- Fixed Torch FC
- Added Multi-Part/Split SMS option [Mms]
- Added Transparent Incoming call [Phone]
- Added Auto-Brightness sensitivity
- Changed keyboard hints to full holo blue light [LatinIME]
- Fixed BT MAP requests
- More optimizations and fixes for memleaks for Slim changes
- And some more optimizations to Dalvik!
- Fixed NFC bugs
- Fixed TRDS on car dock
We at Droid Firmwares write tutorial to help out fellow Android users but all this guide are educational purpose only. You should try this guide at your own risk. Neither we nor the developer should be responsible if your Android device experience a damage after following this tutorial. Also remember,this guide is only applicable for Galaxy S3 I747. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. It may hard brick your device.
As there is always some risk involve while you install anything other than what you have presently. It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites to stay safe.
- Backup your important data such as SMS, Call Log, Contacts, APN and MMS settings. You can follow our Android backup guide for this. It’s also a good idea to backup your internal memory content to external SD card, specially if you need to perform any wiping task during or after installation process.
- If your device turn off during the installation process unless explicitly mentioned on this tutorial then it may experience a hard brick. That’s why, it’s good idea to check battery percentage before following this tutorial. Usually, the smartphone should have 60% or more power when you flash a custom ROM or firmware. Firmware installation can be done with 25% or more power when the device is connected to computer using USB and get charge through it. It will be fine to have 30% or more if you going to root a firmware. Learn How to Check Battery Percentage in Android smartphones.
- USB Debugging mode should be turned of if it’s disabled otherwise you can’t transfer file using USB cable. Learn: How to Enable/Disable USB Transfer on Android Devices.
- Another thing you should note that nearly all our tutorial at Droid Firmwares is for carrier unlocked and bootloader unlocked devices. You shouldn’t try to install it on a locked device unless explicitly mentioned anywhere in tutorial.
Download Galaxy S3 I747 Latest USB Drivers
Since you will need to connect your smartphone to your PC, so you will need to have your Galaxy S3 I747 drivers installed on your computer. Visit our USB Driver Download page. If you can access your mobile content in your PC when both are connected then you already have it.
So, you have done everything that we mentioned above, right! Now, as you have taken necessary precaution, you are ready to move towards next page where we summed up detail instruction on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based Slim Bean Build 6 custom ROM on Galaxy S3 I747.
Pages: 1 2