Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based Illusion ROM Build 1.0 is now available for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720. However, this is not an official firmware but an after market custom firmware build by a new custom firmware maker Illusion ROM. The latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based Illusion ROM Build 1.0 custom firmware is rolling out and download is available for many devices including Galaxy S4 L720. Although the Galaxy S4 already preloaded with the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean but those who want to experience the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean features with many other customization on their device can try out Illusion ROM. The team Illusion recently released the Illusion ROM Build 1.0 custom ROM which is based on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and is all set for Galaxy S4 L720. Illusion ROM uses the RootBox as base and many features cherry picks from AOKP, SlImBean, ParanoidAndroid, Team Baked and CyanogenMod. You can check complete features of Illusion ROM Build 1.0 later on this tutorial. So, if you willing to try out the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based Illusion ROM Build 1.0 ROM on your Galaxy S4 L720 then follow below written guide as it is.
Before proceeding further, please note this ROM is a custom firmware and still going through development phase. That’s why, there is always a chance for some bugs and issues inside it. However, we believe all known issues will be fixed as development of this ROM progress.
Illusion ROM Build 1.0 Key Features:
- Dark UI
- Permissions Management
- Hybrid Settings
- LCD Density Settings
- Per-App DPI Settings
- Per-App Permissions Manager
- Dual Pane
- Low Battery Warning
- Custom Hardware Keys
- Widgets Viewpager
- Notification Drawer Options
- Power sound on plug-in/plug-out
- Custom Lockscreen Sliders & Shortcuts
- Navbar Customizations
- PIE Controls
- Power Menu Controls
- Power Widget Settings
- Custom QuickSettings
- Custom Statusbar Options
- Custom Sounds Settings
- Custom Phone Settings
- Custom MMS Settings
- Integrated Superuser
- 3.4.x Kernel base and more
We at Droid Firmwares write tutorial to help out fellow Android users but all this guide are educational purpose only. You should try this guide at your own risk. Neither we nor the developer should be responsible if your Android device experience a damage after following this tutorial. Also remember,this guide is only applicable for Galaxy S4 L720. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. It may hard brick your device.
As there is always some risk involve while you install anything other than what you have presently. It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites to stay safe.
- Backup your important data such as SMS, Call Log, Contacts, APN and MMS settings. You can follow our Android backup guide for this. It’s also a good idea to backup your internal memory content to external SD card, specially if you need to perform any wiping task during or after installation process.
- If your device turn off during the installation process unless explicitly mentioned on this tutorial then it may experience a hard brick. That’s why, it’s good idea to check battery percentage before following this tutorial. Usually, the phone should have 60% or more power when you flash a custom ROM or firmware. Firmware installation can be done with 25% or more power when the device is connected to computer using USB and get charge through it. It will be fine to have 30% or more if you going to root a firmware. Learn How to Check Battery Percentage in Android phones.
- USB Debugging mode should be turned of if it’s disabled otherwise you can’t transfer file using USB cable. Learn: How to Enable/Disable USB Transfer on Android Devices.
- Another thing you should note that nearly all our tutorial at Droid Firmwares is for carrier unlocked and bootloader unlocked devices. You shouldn’t try to install it on a locked device unless explicitly mentioned anywhere in tutorial.
Download Galaxy S4 L720 Latest USB Drivers
Since you will need to connect your phone to your PC, so you will need to have your Galaxy S4 L720 drivers installed on your computer. Visit our USB Driver Download page. If you can access your mobile content in your PC when both are connected then you already have it.
So, you have done everything that we mentioned above, right! Now, as you have taken necessary precaution, you are ready to move towards next page where we summed up detail instruction on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based Illusion ROM Build 1.0 custom ROM on Galaxy S4 L720.