AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 can now be updated with the SlimBean Build 4.2 Custom ROM which is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Slim Bean team recently released the Build 4.2 of Slim Bean 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM and download is available for Galaxy S3 I747. The Build 4.2 released very soon after the release of Build 4 with some quick fixes in language. Slim Bean custom ROM known for its compressed size and speedy nature. Those who already update the Build 4 of Slim Bean 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on their Galaxy S3 I747, they can dirty flash their device with this Build 4.2. So, If you wish to try out this customized custom ROM Slim Bean 4.2.2 Build 4.2 on your Galaxy S3 I747 then read through this page to know the step-by-step procedure.
Before proceeding further, please note this ROM is a custom firmware and still going through development phase. That’s why, there is always a chance for some bugs and issues inside it. However, we believe all known issues will be fixed as development of this ROM progress.
Slim Bean Build 4.2 Key Features:
- Add SlimPIE
- Add Custom Shortcut Tile
- Add SlimIRC
- Add Sound Recorder [deleted speech recorder]
- Add Camera sound toggle
- Add Auto-Hide Statusbar
- More Camera resolutions
- New Blacklist functionality
- Add ability to dismiss voicemail notifications
- Polish and cleanup SlimCenter
- Enhance NFC from upstream AOSP
- Add complete IBSS Support in base
- Update to JDQ39E
- Added Music Playback Control Tile
- Added Developer option for MediaScanner Behavior Control on Boot
- Added TextArea size to Mms
- Enhanced Auto-Brightness UI
- Updated PlayStore to v4.0.26
- Fixed Translation issues [Spanish/Italian/Polish/Chinese/French]
- Fixed SlimSizer FC
- Fixed BlackList button behavior
- Fixed NavBar menu hidden on softkey devices
- Fixed SlimIRC bugs
- Fixed DashClock extension icons hidden when minimized
- Fixed PIN entry disabled by some apps
We at Droid Firmwares write tutorial to help out fellow Android users but all this guide are educational purpose only. You should try this guide at your own risk. Neither we nor the developer should be responsible if your Android device experience a damage after following this tutorial. Also remember,this guide is only applicable for Galaxy S3 I747. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. It may hard brick your device.
As there is always some risk involve while you install anything other than what you have presently. It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites to stay safe.
- Backup your important data such as SMS, Call Log, Contacts, APN and MMS settings. You can follow our Android backup guide for this. It’s also a good idea to backup your internal memory content to external SD card, specially if you need to perform any wiping task during or after installation process.
- If your device turn off during the installation process unless explicitly mentioned on this tutorial then it may experience a hard brick. That’s why, it’s good idea to check battery percentage before following this tutorial. Usually, the phone should have 60% or more power when you flash a custom ROM or firmware. Firmware installation can be done with 25% or more power when the device is connected to computer using USB and get charge through it. It will be fine to have 30% or more if you going to root a firmware. Learn How to Check Battery Percentage in Android phones.
- USB Debugging mode should be turned of if it’s disabled otherwise you can’t transfer file using USB cable. Learn: How to Enable/Disable USB Transfer on Android Devices.
- Another thing you should note that nearly all our tutorial at Droid Firmwares is for carrier unlocked and bootloader unlocked devices. You shouldn’t try to install it on a locked device unless explicitly mentioned anywhere in tutorial.
Download Galaxy S3 I747 Latest USB Drivers
Since you will need to connect your phone to your PC, so you will need to have your Galaxy S3 I747 drivers installed on your computer. Visit our USB Driver Download page. If you can access your mobile content in your PC when both are connected then you already have it.
So, you have done everything that we mentioned above, right! Now, as you have taken necessary precaution, you are ready to move towards next page where we summed up detail instruction on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based Slim Bean Build 4.2 custom ROM on Galaxy S3 I747.
Pages: 1 2