In previous page we have mentioned some very important tips that you should follow before proceeding towards rooting of ZSMSA Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 I9100. Now in this page we summed up a detail step-by-step instruction or guide on how to root Galaxy S2 running on Android 4.1.2 ZSMSA official firmware. If you already used ODIN to install firmware or root firmware then it should be easy for you but for others we have a simple guide below.
Remember, it’s very important for you to follow everything that we mentioned below to successfully root your Galaxy S2 I9100 to ZSMSA Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
Things Your Should Note:
- This root method that we mentioned in this page only applicable for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100, don’t try it in any other device.
- Though root usually not effect your phone internal SD card (memory) data but it’s advisable to follow pre-requisites that we discussed in previous page as precaution.
- This tutorial is for rooting ZSMSA Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware but it may work on other firmware version for same device.
- As we not going to use a file from Samsung, it most likely increase the binary flash counter of your device.
- This rooting tutorial that we mentioned bellow, only allow you to root your phone. If you looking for a custom recovery then flash it separately.
Complete Rooting Tutorial Of I9100ZSMSA Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Step 3: Now extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe as well as few other files.
Step 4: Now turn off your phone and wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off. Then put your Galaxy S2 I9100 in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together until you see a construction Android robot in phone screen. Press Volume Up button again to enter into Download Mode.
Step 5: Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe that you get in Step 3 as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete this installation process smoothly.
Step 6: Now it’s time to connect your Galaxy S2 I9100 with your PC using USB cable. Do it and you will see a message under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get it then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back of your desktop PC cabinet). However, if this still can’t solve your issue then you should reinstall USB driver for your device. Nevertheless, if you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
Step 7: Select following file in Odin at respective button:
- Click the PDA Button, and select the speedmod-kernel-s2-jb-k5-3-Odin.tar file.
Step 8: In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are only two that are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only when you added a .pit file (see Step 7.4) in ODIN.
Step 9: To make flashing safe for you double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 and Step 8 above. Now, once you are ready, hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
Step 10: Once installation is done, your phone will reboot automatically and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can then safely unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
That’s it! Your Galaxy S2, model number I9100 should now run on rooted Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build I9100ZSMSA. You can now install apps that require root permission as well as access system files. To verify your device is rooted or not follow this guide: How To Verify Android Device is Rooted or Not.
Pages: 1 2