HTC Sensation users can now update their device with the latest Android 4.2.2 PACman custom ROM. PACman team recently released the PACman Build 1.2 and the ROM is available for download for HTC Sensation users. Although this is not an official firmware by the manufacturer but a customize firmware, you can still install the update to enjoy the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean features on your HTC Sensation. PACman ROM’s are packed with all the features that other three most popular super ROM’s have such as- Paranoid Android 3.15, AOKP MR1 and CM10.1. Hence, With this update you can enjoy the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with all the features of above three ROM’s and many other customization. You can have a quick look on PACman Build 1.2 ROM key features later on this tutorial. So, if you willing to try out the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based PACman Build 1.2 ROM on your HTC Sensation then follow below written guide as it is.
Before proceeding further, please note this ROM is a custom firmware and still going through development phase. That’s why, there is always a chance for some bugs and issues inside it. However, we believe all known issues will be fixed as development of this ROM progress.
PACman Build 1.2 Key Features:
- based off of AOSP Jellybean 4.2.2
- latest CM10.1 KANG by albinoman
- latest AOKP MR1
- latest AOSPA (ParanoidAndroid 3.1+)
- all settings from CyanogenMod 10.1, Android Open Kang Project MR1, and AOSPA 2.99+
- PIE navigation controls
- Hybrid Settings
- Per-App Layout
- Per-App Color
We at Droid Firmwares write tutorial to help out fellow Android users but all this guide are educational purpose only. You should try this guide at your own risk. Neither we nor the developer should be responsible if your Android device experience a damage after following this tutorial. Also remember,this guide is only applicable for HTC Sensation. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. It may hard brick your device.
As there is always some risk involve while you install anything other than what you have presently. It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites to stay safe.
- Backup your important data such as SMS, Call Log, Contacts, APN and MMS settings. You can follow our Android backup guide for this. It’s also a good idea to backup your internal memory content to external SD card, specially if you need to perform any wiping task during or after installation process.
- If your device turn off during the installation process unless explicitly mentioned on this tutorial then it may experience a hard brick. That’s why, it’s good idea to check battery percentage before following this tutorial. Usually, the phone should have 60% or more power when you flash a custom ROM or firmware. Firmware installation can be done with 25% or more power when the device is connected to computer using USB and get charge through it. It will be fine to have 30% or more if you going to root a firmware. Learn How to Check Battery Percentage in Android phones.
- USB Debugging mode should be turned of if it’s disabled otherwise you can’t transfer file using USB cable. Learn: How to Enable/Disable USB Transfer on Android Devices.
- Another thing you should note that nearly all our tutorial at Droid Firmwares is for carrier unlocked and bootloader unlocked devices. You shouldn’t try to install it on a locked device unless explicitly mentioned anywhere in tutorial.
Download HTC Sensation Latest USB Drivers
Since you will need to connect your phone to your PC, so you will need to have your HTC Sensation drivers installed on your computer. Visit our USB Driver Download page. If you can access your mobile content in your PC when both are connected then you already have it.
So, you have done everything that we mentioned above, right! Now, as you have taken necessary precaution, you are ready to move towards next page where we summed up detail instruction on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based PACman Build 1.2 custom ROM on HTC Sensation.
Pages: 1 2