In previous page we have mentioned some very important tips that you should follow before proceeding towards installation of XXAMG5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Core I8262. Now in this page we summed up a detail step-by-step instruction or guide on how to update Galaxy Core I8262 to Android 4.1.2 XXAMG5. If you already used ODIN to install firmware then it should be easy for you but for others we have a simple guide below.
Remember, it’s very important for you to follow everything that we mentioned below to successfully update your Galaxy Core I8262 to XXAMG5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
Things You Should Note:
- After installation of this official firmware you will lose all additional customization that you may have on your device including root, custom recovery (CWM recovery, TWRP Recovery etc.), custom ROM (CM10.1, Paranoid Android, Slim Bean, Liquid Smooth etc.) and MODs. You can always root your device later by following this tutorial: How To Root Galaxy Core I8262 XXAMG5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware. To unroot your device just install any official firmware again.
- Again this tutorial and firmware we mentioned is only for Galaxy Core I8262. So, please don’t try it in any other Android device.
- As this is official firmware, it won’t void your warranty if you install it.
- Another thing you should note, extract downloaded archive only once and not twice otherwise you won’t get desired files but files that not required to complete this manual firmware installation process. The file with .tar.md5 extension is only the required file and all other files are optional. That’s why you won’t always get other mentioned file such as modem, csc or pit file after extracting.
- ODIN is designed to work on Windows OS. If you use Linux OS (such as Ubuntu) or Mac OS then use CrossOver Utility to run ODIN in your OS.
- It’s essential to run ODIN as Administrator if your OS have that option. To do so, you should right click on odin.exe file first then click on ‘Run as administrator’ from context menu. Windows XP or lower don’t require this.
Complete Installation Tutorial Of XXAMG5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Step 1: Download Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean I8262XXAMG5 Firmware from the previous page download list and Odin 3.07 in your computer.
Step 2: Extract Firmware zip file at a convenient location in your desktop; you should get a .tar.md5 file and some other files (optional).
Step 3: Now extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe as well as few other files.
Step 4: Now turn off your phone and wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off. Then put your Galaxy Core I8262 in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together until you see a construction Android robot in phone screen. Press Volume Up button again to enter into Download Mode.
Step 5: Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe that you get in Step 3 as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete this installation process smoothly.
Step 6: Now it’s time to connect your Galaxy Core I8262 with your PC using USB cable. Do it and you will see a message under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get it then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back of your desktop PC cabinet). However, if this still can’t solve your issue then you should reinstall USB driver for your device. Nevertheless, if you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
Step 7: Select these files from I8262XXAMG5 folder that you get in Step 2 in Odin at respective buttons:
- Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar.md5 file here with *code* appearing in its name (required)
- Click the Phone Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (add it if you only have it in your extracted firmware folder)
- Click the CSC Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (add it if you only have it in your extracted firmware folder)
- Click the PIT Button, and select the .pit file. (add it if you only have it in your extracted firmware folder)
Step 8: In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are only two that are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only when you added a .pit file (see Step 7.4) in ODIN.
Step 9: To make flashing safe for you double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 and Step 8 above. Now, once you are ready, hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
Step 10: Once installation is done, your phone will reboot automatically and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can then safely unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Core I8262 should now run on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build XXAMG5. Go to Settings > About phone to verify this firmware update.
- Sometime Galaxy Core I8262 stuck at boot animation or Samsung logo after Step 10. If its happen to you then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset as well as Wipe Cache Partition before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode you can use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select an option. Please note, performing wiping function will erase your phone data that stored in internal memory.
If you face any problem then feel free to drop a comment below and we will try our level best to solve it out as soon as possible.
Pages: 1 2